Ephedra Gerardiana Therapeutic Uses, Ailment Care and Risks
Ephedra Gerardiana is one of the many Ephedra plant species found across the world. All Ephedra species are known to provide distinct benefits to human beings. Ephedra and a certain form of its compounds were intended to fight breathing and lung conditions in the past. Currently, Ephedra and ephedra’s primary components which include pseudoephedrine and ephedrine are known to help support weight loss, reduce appetite, boost the levels of energy in the body and burn stored fats. Therefore, the following discussion gives more details about Ephedra Gerardiana.
How to use Ephedra Gerardiana
Indigenous people in the places where the plant grows brew its twigs, leaves and stem into their tea before consumption to help treat ailments and signs of bronchitis and asthma amount other cold-related problems.
Qualities of Ephedra Gerardiana
- This plant is known to grow up to 4 feet.
- It has yellow-greenish branches that are cylindrical and slender.
- It produces poisonous, fleshy and red cones that resemble berries.
Therapeutic Abilities of Ephedra Gerardiana
The plant is used to fight the following:
- It is a plant that is used to combat kidney weakness, allergies and colds to keep you a healthy individual.
- It is suitable and safe for relieving asthma and hay fever to allow you work well all day long.
- It acts as a stimulant to your central nervous, used as peripheral vasoconstrictor and bronchodilator.
- It provides diuretic properties and boosts perspiration rate. Also, it helps in stimulating your heart.
- It is helpful in influencing your body’s blood pressure.
- It is meant to boost your athletic performance and improves your concentration to ensure that you handle your tasks well throughout the day.
- It is responsible for reduces your appetite for you to eat less amount of food than usual for weight loss.
Ephedra Gerardiana uses in Treating Ailments
The product has medicinal properties to help you lead a healthy life. Ephedra Gerardiana is used to care for the following health conditions:
- Asthma – it is helpful in managing bronchial asthma. You are advised to consume about 0.5-2 grams of the product with water for instant relief as it clears your air passage.
- Heart disorders – it is meant to be used as a heart stimulant. It is a substance that works well if your heart has pneumonia or diphtheria related signs.
- Rheumatism – the plant’s powder is known to be effective in fighting acute rheumatism. It provides relief to painful and inflamed joints to allow you move freely.
- Urinary disorders – the product is used to influence your urinary bladder. Also, it helps in combating night wetting issues in children.
Risks associated with Ephedra Gerardiana
You are advised to use this product as per the instructions provided and avoid overdose as it may cause adverse effects such as vomiting, urinary issues, anxiety, restlessness, insomnia, headaches or nausea.
This is a plant that has several health benefits to you. It is intended to provide therapeutic properties to keep you a healthy individual as well as used to treat certain diseases. However, you should be careful when using the product and ensure you consume the required amount to avoid adverse effects. You should not consume this substance if you are taking medications for depression or when under high blood pressure medications. Also, breastfeeding and pregnant women should not consume the product.